Biggest complaints with snes9x.

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.

Biggest complaints with Snes9x.

compatibility
7%
customization
12%
lack of language support
7%
buggy/locks up
9%
to slow
5%
lack of suitable netplay
19%
controls hard to setup
10%
zipped snes9x scares me (I know you are out there)
4%
other (write a little about it below)
27%

Total votes: 94

Koji
退職させる

Biggest complaints with snes9x.

Post by Koji »

I'm interested in hearing what complaints people have with snes9x. I will not say any of these will get fixed/altered... this is merely a little thing seeing how everyone feels about the emu.
Last edited by Koji on Tue May 25, 2004 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
????????????
\"Once a fool, always a fool\"

Retired Tech Support mod.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I voted for "customization". I wish there were a way to map more buttons. For example, in NNNesterJ, you can map turbo buttons separately, the general turbo key, save/load state, screenshot, and a whole slew of others.

Meh....
SqEn206
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by SqEn206 »

I put other....

One just like Simeon is that I wish you could do stuff like map the turbo buttons seperately, as well as the screenshot and save/load state.

The only other issue i have isn't really a big deal, it's just the fact that if i want full screen without the black bar at the bottom I can't use Snes9x 1.42.(Although I know it's not a bug and I'm just being picky)

Other than that I couldn't really think of anything that would be needed (well that i would want) to be improved upon.
MegaManXGC
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by MegaManXGC »

You can take a snapshot with the print screen button but its just a hassle having to go to the god damn paint program and pasting it there. It would be tight if you can just press a button and a screen shot would be saved in your savestates folder or another directory of your choosing.
\"Respect Is Everything\"
funkyass
Snes9x Blue Belt

Post by funkyass »

MegaManXGC wrote:You can take a snapshot with the print screen button but its just a hassle having to go to the god damn paint program and pasting it there. It would be tight if you can just press a button and a screen shot would be saved in your savestates folder or another directory of your choosing.
we already have that feature.
DonVincenzo
Emissary of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Post by DonVincenzo »

snes9x readme wrote: o Save screen shots to impress(?!) your friends. ('F12')
:roll:
<insert lame quote from famous author here>
MegaManXGC
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by MegaManXGC »

Oh ya, I forgot that I use ver. 1.36. Because I have some problems with ver. 1.42 that I would rather leave alone.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have no problems with Snes9x, but if it will be translated, I could do the german translation.

I have a sugestion: make a menu item called bug report, it should make a a Text that includes information about the OS and the Hardware, anything that could usefull for debugging and the rom information.

It wouldn't be much work and make it even for the dumpest user easy to make a correct bug report without to ask 10 times about thinks someone forgot to mention. It should be a menu point, no sub-menu.

What do you think about this?
SqEn206
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by SqEn206 »

MegaManXGC wrote:You can take a snapshot with the print screen button but its just a hassle having to go to the god damn paint program and pasting it there. It would be tight if you can just press a button and a screen shot would be saved in your savestates folder or another directory of your choosing.
Mainly i was just talking about if you could remap it to your controller, (for those controllers that have more buttons that needed i mean)
but I would much rather be able to remap the save/load state keys or maybe the turbo toggle (though i'm sure there's programs allow you to remap keyboard keys to a joystick/controller).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't have any complaints really, just an idea. :idea: Not a new idea as this has been talked about in the old forum. How about a new snes9x icon. The next official release of zsnes will have a new icon and I think it would be great if 9x got an upgrade too. I can see it now... a much more detailed looking controller with a much smoother 9X in the background. Well what do you guys think :?:
MegaManXGC
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by MegaManXGC »

Nice Idea I think it should be greatly considered. We should have another Icon Contest like last time.
Koji
&#36864;&#32887;&#12373;&#12379;&#12427;

Post by Koji »

We had an icon contest... people either didn't submit icons or submitted crappy ones ~looks around~ -cough-

If you come up with a good icon I'll see what I can have done... need 16x16 ,32x32, and 48x48 variaties if I remember correctly.
????????????

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I can't get my joystick to work!!!! It is really agravating!!! I set up the buttons in the input-joypad configuration , is there a button I'm missing to enable it????? I'm using the Saitek P150 USB Action Pad Can anybody help me????
Koji

Post by Koji »

This is not the thread to discuss how to fix your controller problems... this is merely a poll to see what people think of the emulator. Post another thread and about your problem.
????????????

Anonymous

emu failure

Post by Anonymous »

I have v. 1.42 for windows, using it in windows xp with 512mb ram and P4 3.0 cpu and geforce fx 5200, and the emu keeps locking up after several seconds of running any rom. What could be wrong? I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, even redownloading and it still fails. I'm stuck using zsnesw, not quite my preference. :(
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gogo
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Gogo »

This is not the thread to discuss how to fix your controller problems... this is merely a poll to see what people think of the emulator. Post another thread and about your problem.
Go here: http://sgibbons.deviantart.com/
It has shiny shines! ~ UPDATED 01/23/2006
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The thing I dislike is in the rom loading dialog, it scans every rom in a directory and reads the rom info. If you have tons of roms in a directory, it takes several minutes before I can load a rom. There should be a way to disable the rom info check.
Clements
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by Clements »

Cons of Snes9x include:
  • Sound isn't too accurate;
  • Bad sound interpolation;
  • No lowpass filters;
  • Kreed's filters look terrible due to lack of nVidia hardware filtering;
  • Kreed's filters have a large black border at the bottom;
  • OpenGL filter requires a restart;
  • Limited choice of filters (No ScaleXx, hqXx);
  • GUI menus are not resizable;
  • GUI does not support the XP Theme;
  • No GUI customisation options/skins
  • Icon looks rough on XP;
  • Netplay desyncs on a LAN setup;
  • No movie support through inputs or AVI etc.
The compatibilty is superb though, no glitches in any of my games. It just misc. stuff needed to make the emu better IMO.
DEFIANT
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by DEFIANT »

aside from what Clements just said above, id like to add just one thing... a vertical sync check box. something i can turn on and off. i do like what Kode54 did with sound emulation in his build of snes9x. everything else, so far has been superb, and more than met my expectations. well thats my 2 cents...

~DEFIANT
E=mc2
Koji

Post by Koji »

Clements: Lan desync is due to having volume envelope height being on. Turn that off and LAN's should stay synced.

Also, you the guy from the Dolphin forums? Seen ya post on there quite often... always ment to get a membership there and post... but was too lazy and already have enough forums to deal with :p

I do believe there are a couple people working on a few features (won't list which as I'm not sure they'll get done as they aren't the usual team members)
????????????