Snes9x crashes after initial bootup

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
nooneinparticular
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x crashes after initial bootup

Post by nooneinparticular »

So i am new to the concept of emulating but would like to know more about this topic but for the time being this i the problem ive ran into:

I have been looking to emulate earthbound since going outside and buying either a snes or the game itsself is no easy task anymore. I dont remember from where but i have downloaded this emulator and the ROM for earthbound and it all works good until i turn it off ONCE. Each time i try to boot the emulator again it crashes without hesitation so i have to literally delete all existing files of both the ROM and the emulator and try to beat it in one go. If for some reason my laptop looses power or if (and this one got me twice) I accidentally fall into one of nintendos ingame traps where it LITERALLY FORCES YOU TO SHUT THE GAME DOWN its game over. I wouldnt even try to fix the problem since i didnt mind this too much up until this point. I accidentally pressed END on a phonecall near the stonehenge with Jeff. The runtime was very long and i did it in one sitting and then my heart nearly stopped when I fell into the trap. I tried booting the emulator again and its bricked idk what to do please help