New to Snes9x, just a few questions

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Rew
Snes9x White Belt

New to Snes9x, just a few questions

Post by Rew »

Hi everyone! Sorry for my newbishness, but I just downloaded Snes9x recently and am taking it out for a test run. I have a couple questions right now (though I may have some later):

1. The rewind feature seems very limited. I've gone into the settings and set it to its highest MB limit (i.e. 4000) and it still only rewinds a few seconds. How do I get it to rewind back a longer period of time?

2. Typically when I take screenshots on an emulator, I'll pause it and then take the screenshot when I pause on an image just the way I like it. With Snes9x, however, I notice the screenshot won't take until after I unpause, at which point it will capture the screenshot a few frames later. Since I sometimes need frame accuracy for some of the screenshots I'm taking (it's for a guide I'm writing), this is not a good outcome. Is there a way to get a screenshot taken on the actual frame where I need it? (I realize there's frame by frame option, which is good, but sometimes the moment passes me by, so I try to rewind, which brings me back to issue #1 above.)

I googled these questions and checked the FAQs on the board but couldn't find any satisfactory.

Thanks in advance!
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Re: New to Snes9x, just a few questions

Post by BearOso »

4000MB is plenty, but also probably pushing the address space limit. Lower that to 1000 at the most. You have to reload the game to make this setting change, which is why it’s only doing a few seconds like before. If you need more time, increase the number of frames between snapshots.

The emulator core is what takes the screenshot, so it has to be running to work. If this isn’t good enough, just use your operating system key. (Probably PrntScrn)