Audio crackling in earthbound

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
fun_in_a_bun
Snes9x White Belt

Audio crackling in earthbound

Post by fun_in_a_bun »

What the song sounds like normally

What my game sounds like

It was bearable until I got to that section but I really want to find a way to get rid of it. I've fiddled with video and audio settings but had no luck.

My PC specs are:
i5 4690k
AMD r9 290x
8 GB RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Re: Audio crackling in earthbound

Post by Ryan »

You may need to record the output differently, the sample you provided had no crackling evident when I played it.
fun_in_a_bun
Snes9x White Belt

Post by fun_in_a_bun »

Ryan wrote:You may need to record the output differently, the sample you provided had no crackling evident when I played it.
Not trying to sound rude, but there's definitely a difference between the audio in the video I linked and the audio clip I provided from my game. If that's just how the game sounds when played in an emulator then that's fine, but there's definitely a difference between the two. It's a constant crackling sound kind of like an old vinyl record.
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Post by BearOso »

The audio clips sound the same to me, as well. That’s not to say there’s no crackling in the Windows port. I’ve been refactoring the audio code lately, and I’m trying to clean up what I’ve personally experienced. You might try RetroArch with the Snes9x core or bsnes core and see if you experience the same problem.
Anime-niac
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Anime-niac »

I have to agree with Ryan and BearOso, there is no crackling in the sample you provided.

Since you're having audio problems, post the audio specs of your computer and what the settings in SNES9x are for audio output.
--
Anime-niac

Everything gets filtered! In one ear and out the other!!