2audioX wants me to die

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
SunsetJames
Snes9x White Belt

2audioX wants me to die

Post by SunsetJames »

So I've been working tirelessly searching the Internet and this site, but no amount of hours I put in have [aid off. I just want to play Earthbound with audio.
(Disclaimer: I'm not the best at computer stuff but that's why I'm here.)
Yesterday I installed Snes9x and I didn't have trouble with the dll file or anything like that, but when I load it up It says that it's unable to initialize 2AudioX.
I didn't think it was a big deal so I went to the sound settings and changed it to DirectSound and I pressed OK. The settings menu closed and the stupid window popped up again!!!my Old friend 2AudioX was not able to be initialized. Checking the settings again, it had reset to 2AudioX.
I've tried it 50 times now, and it won't let me change!! :cry:

Can I please have some help?
Or at least can somebody tell me how to get different audio drivers for Snes9x?
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: 2audioX wants me to die

Post by odditude »

first off, and please don't take offense to this, but a lot of tech problems are due to not paying attention to detail. all the google searching in the world for "2audioX" won't help you when you're actually having problems with XAudio2.

now, to try and help with your problem, a few questions:
  1. what version of snes9x do you have (it should say in the program titlebar)?
  2. where did you get it from?
  3. what version of Windows do you have?
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: 2audioX wants me to die

Post by OV2 »

You can install XAudio2 via the link provided in the error message, or you can try the most recent testbuild, where switching to directsound should work again.