Xbox 360 controller loses connection

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
bazem
Snes9x White Belt

Xbox 360 controller loses connection

Post by bazem »

I'm using the X360 controller on Win10.
The controller works fine for a while, but if it suffer any disconnection, like when someone stumble on cable, or even if I disconnect and reconnect the cable, the game stops recognizing it.
The controller stays on normally, and I can even go into the input/joypad configuration in the emulator and remap the keys with no problem. But the game itself that is running does not respond to the controller anymore, nor any other game that I load after. The only way to get it to work again is closing the emulator and opening again.
Does anyone suffer from the same problem? Any fix?
WhosAsking
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Xbox 360 controller loses connection

Post by WhosAsking »

I've double-checked this with my own wired 360 controller and v1.56 but don't suffer the issue. Also don't suffer the issue with a HID-standard controller. Then again, I'm on Windows 7, and I've noted that Windows 10 can be finicky when it comes to peripheral devices cutting in and out, sometimes re-registering re-inserted controllers as new devices. Can someone double-check this specifically from a Windows 10 perspective.