Default Enable Mouse from command line?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
enigma9o7
Snes9x White Belt

Default Enable Mouse from command line?

Post by enigma9o7 »

I'm trying to set up some games for my kids, and want them to start automatically with the mouse enabled.

I tried the following command line: snes9x-gtk -port1 mouse1 "Fun N Games (U).smc" to no avail. The game starts, but mouse is not selected. Same result with the three Mario's Early Years games.

If I have the syntax wrong, like if I type mouse instead of mouse1, it doesn't even start the game, so I think my syntax is correct, but there is no help or man that I can find.

I am using Bodhi Linux 5 (Ubuntu 18.04) and I first tried a version of snes9x from random-stuff ppa but it had no sound, so now I'm using snes9x-gtk version 1.55 that I made by running this script viewtopic.php?p=56692#p56692 .
enigma9o7
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Default Enable Mouse from command line?

Post by enigma9o7 »

I installed the v1.56 flatpak. Same result. Can't default to mouse, or more likely I don't know the command...
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Post by BearOso »

The command line parameters are for the barebones Unix version only. I’ll have to add support for those. As an aside, mouse support isn’t very good in the Gtk port right now because it can’t lock the mouse to the window. I think that would frustrate your kids.
enigma9o7
Snes9x White Belt

Post by enigma9o7 »

BearOso wrote:The command line parameters are for the barebones Unix version only. I’ll have to add support for those. As an aside, mouse support isn’t very good in the Gtk port right now because it can’t lock the mouse to the window. I think that would frustrate your kids.
I use fullscreen. So not an issue.
enigma9o7
Snes9x White Belt

Post by enigma9o7 »

Any idea on an ETA on when to add such support? No pressure, just curious if you mean next week, next month, or next year....
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Post by BearOso »

This is fixed in git. The -port1/2 option should work. I still think the mouse is funky. I'll see if I can warp it in fullscreen mode.