Esc key to exit emulator

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
foowish
Snes9x White Belt

Esc key to exit emulator

Post by foowish »

Hi All,

Im trying to get SNES9X to exit when i press the ESC key. I see that the esc key toggle the menu bar

I've also tried configuring hotkey in config file and GUI but no success

I've also read this can be done in a module

Any ideas how i can do this?

Im running 1.56.2

Thanks
DAOWAce
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Esc key to exit emulator

Post by DAOWAce »

Trying to replicate RetroArch behavior?

I think this would cause more issues than not with accidental exit, but anyway..

Edit the snes9x.conf file.

Code: Select all

Key:QuitS9X           = Unassigned
It can't seem to be rebound to Escape, as that appears hardcoded to minimize the menu bar. Other keys should work though.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

That's not possible at the moment - ESC cannot be bound to a anything.
foowish
Snes9x White Belt

Post by foowish »

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. I've got round the issue by creating a autohotkey script that binds alt+f4 to escape

I've also set hidemenu bar in the config file then made the config file read only as I was finding it changes
starfiretbt
Snes9x White Belt

Post by starfiretbt »

I see this post is old but I have an issue that's similar, I want the Esc key to NOT close snes9x. My input configuration has the number pad key's 1,3,7, and 9 for dn left, dn right, up left, and up right; but sometimes I need to switch those controls the the second controller and not the first. The instructions say the esc key should disable those key inputs because when I'm not using the number pad I'm using a joystick which can already go in diagonals and don't need those inputs. However whenever I use the esc key to try and disable those buttons for the first controller it shuts down the emulator.
Was this part of a window's 10 update that esc closes programs?