Game icon is gone.

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
ReyVGM
Snes9x White Belt

Game icon is gone.

Post by ReyVGM »

Wassup guys.

I recently updated to the latest SNES9X version after being on 1.52 for years and I noticed that the moment I had the games load with the new SNES9X by double clicking on the game, their icon disappeared. Now the icon it has is the generic windows icon when a file doesn't have a program attached to open it.

Is this a known issue or is there something I need to do to enable the icons again?
ReyVGM
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Game icon is gone.

Post by ReyVGM »

I used a program (FileTypesMan) to let me change the icons for .sfc and .smc files (I'm on win 7 64bit), when I pick .smc it says this as the default icon "snes9x-x64.exe,0". When I click to browse to find the program that should be attached to these files (snes9x), the program says "Windows can't find snes9x-x64.exe", but it still lets me browse anyways. I pick the emulator, and voila, the files have icons again. I go ahead and do the same for .sfc and the same thing happens. But at least I get icons.

BUT

The moment I open the emulator, the icons disappear again.

Anyone know what's going on?
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

Are you using 1.55?
ReyVGM
Snes9x White Belt

Post by ReyVGM »

OV2 wrote:Are you using 1.55?
Yes. I went from 1.52 to 1.55.
ReyVGM
Snes9x White Belt

Post by ReyVGM »

Anyone?

I've had to use another program to set the .smc and .sfc extensions to use the icon from an older snes9x. And since I obviously have those same files to load with the latest version of snes9x, then I've had to resort to setting the snes9x.conf to read only so the emulator doesn't change the icons back to the generic windows ones.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

I'm not sure how your tool sets associations and icons. S9x only registers its own progid for use in the open with list. You can try the most recent testbuild, I've changed it to register its icon with full path.
ReyVGM
Snes9x White Belt

Post by ReyVGM »

Thanks, will try it.
ReyVGM
Snes9x White Belt

Post by ReyVGM »

Letting you know that with the test build the icon situation seems to be fixed now. Icons show correctly. Thanks!