Sharing save(state)s between Snes9x on different platforms?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
dingdongyo
Snes9x White Belt

Sharing save(state)s between Snes9x on different platforms?

Post by dingdongyo »

hello, first time poster. apologies if already addressed.

is there any way to share saves or savestates between versions of Snes9x running on different platforms?

for my specific situation: i have an xbox running xSnes9x and it works great. i also can get Snes9x running on my laptop, and it would be awesome if i could pick up where i left off between the two.

i've already got the setup figured out, so i can share the actual save and savestate files back and forth between the xbox and laptop. the discussion can start after that part.

the problem i can't solve is that the versions of Snes9x don't use the same file extensions (example: xSnes9x savestates save as ".tt#", and Snes9x on my laptop uses ".###"). the file sizes are quite different too, indicating they are incompatible, but i tried simply renaming them anyway with no luck.

i also made sure i was running the same version of Snes9x as the core i selected in xSnes9x (1.53). also didn't work.

just wondering if anybody else has successfully made this happen, or if they know a way it might work. thanks!