Emulator Download Issues

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Kagome_Jagansai
Snes9x White Belt

Emulator Download Issues

Post by Kagome_Jagansai »

I'm trying to download the emulator on my pc with Windows 10, I go to the emulator-zone website and download the file. I extract the files and between the extraction and when i try to open it something goes wrong. It says an error message when i double click it to open it file not found try reinstalling, I've done this several times now. I even tried to download the DirectX that was suggested but i'm even getting an error message with that as well. Please help I would so love to play some of the games. I just don't know what i'm doing wrong with it.
moconnor2008
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Emulator Download Issues

Post by moconnor2008 »

Kagome_Jagansai wrote:I'm trying to download the emulator on my pc with Windows 10, I go to the emulator-zone website and download the file. I extract the files and between the extraction and when i try to open it something goes wrong. It says an error message when i double click it to open it file not found try reinstalling, I've done this several times now. I even tried to download the DirectX that was suggested but i'm even getting an error message with that as well. Please help I would so love to play some of the games. I just don't know what i'm doing wrong with it.

Has anyone responded to this issue? The exact same thing happened to me and I am having issues finding an emulator file that works?
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Post by Ryan »

Have either of you tried getting it from the official mirrors, or maybe someplace like Zophar's Domain?
Karbonite
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Karbonite »

I had done a factory reset on my laptop and was encountering this issue. i was missing a certain .dll file and followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTlloIdflY and it worked, but said the audio wouldnt work without directx so i went and got the directx from microsofts page and it included the .dll file i was missing as well so i just replaced. everything running perfectly now. Hope this helps!
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Post by Ryan »

Karbonite wrote:I had done a factory reset on my laptop and was encountering this issue. i was missing a certain .dll file and followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTlloIdflY and it worked, but said the audio wouldnt work without directx so i went and got the directx from microsofts page and it included the .dll file i was missing as well so i just replaced. everything running perfectly now. Hope this helps!
Yes, in this case the correct solution is to make sure you have installed the DirectX 9.0c End User Runtime. Windows 10 has a newer version of DirectX by default, but it is missing some files that older games require.
Noel_RPG
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Noel_RPG »

Ryan wrote:
Karbonite wrote:I had done a factory reset on my laptop and was encountering this issue. i was missing a certain .dll file and followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTlloIdflY and it worked, but said the audio wouldnt work without directx so i went and got the directx from microsofts page and it included the .dll file i was missing as well so i just replaced. everything running perfectly now. Hope this helps!
Yes, in this case the correct solution is to make sure you have installed the DirectX 9.0c End User Runtime. Windows 10 has a newer version of DirectX by default, but it is missing some files that older games require.
Or better yet, download the DirectX 9.0c End User Runtime Redistributable (June 2010 release), which includes all the necessary DLL files to run snes9x without having to use an internet connection to download the rest of the directx dll files from the previous download.
adraincutarnatlon123
Snes9x White Belt

Post by adraincutarnatlon123 »

I have tried to download from all of the official mirrors and it does this for me every time