Chrono Trigger loading savefile issue

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
heyjessicafleur
Snes9x White Belt

Chrono Trigger loading savefile issue

Post by heyjessicafleur »

I wanted to have a valentines with a reunion with a certain Frog..... but nvm.

Notes:
- Snex9x 1.54.1
- Savefile directory is in the correct 'saves' folder
- Chrono Trigger (USA).srm file

Issue:
I can load the core and the content without issue, loading the ROM creates a new game.
There's no option to load a previous save file. I have double checked that the directory is correct, and it is not a savestate.
The file is within the correct folders.
I started a new game (loading the content as normal), then entered the in-game menu and tried to load a savefile from there, but nothing is present.
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Re: Chrono Trigger loading savefile issue

Post by BearOso »

Is the file named exactly the same as the rom image bar the extension? Otherwise Snes9x may be configured to load sram from a different location, like the same folder as the game.
heyjessicafleur
Snes9x White Belt

Post by heyjessicafleur »

BearOso wrote:Is the file named exactly the same as the rom image bar the extension? Otherwise Snes9x may be configured to load sram from a different location, like the same folder as the game.
So the file name is the same, however I have just changed the .srm file name.
I still do not get anything :(
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

either:
  • 1) the save path isn't what you think it is (and therefore the sram isn't where snes9x is looking)
    2) the rom is zipped, the rom filename and zip filename are not the same, but you renamed the sram to match the zip filename (meaning sram filename doesn't match rom)