Snes9x EX+ .srm location

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
omgthebass
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x EX+ .srm location

Post by omgthebass »

I've searched the forums for this problem and no luck, so:

I have Snes9x EX+ on my LG G2, and Snes9x v1.53 on my pc. I'm trying to copy .srm files from one platform to the other but it's not working.

1. Snes9x EX+ doesn't seem to be creating .srm files, at least not that I can see. I can save/load games just fine using their ingame menus, and I can save/load states just fine, so I know it has to be creating these files somewhere. I looked in options and the save game path is set to "same as game" but when I look at my roms folder the roms are there, but the save files aren't.

2. I copied a game (Front Mission) from my phone to my pc and played it using Snes9x and saved in-game. I loaded the save just to be sure it worked, and it did. However, when I copy that .srm file over to the rom folder on my phone and try to load game, it doesn't. (I'm not talking about save/load states, this is strictly in-game saving.)

3. When I use Snes9x on my pc however and navigate to the roms on my phone, the games don't show any saved data, I can only start new games, but as I said before, when I play them using Snes9x EX+ on my phone, the saved data is all there.

Where is Snes9x EX+ creating the .srm files, if it even is? Why can't Snes9x EX+ load saved games from a .srm file I copy to the rom directory? Why can't Snes9x v1.53 load saved games from the roms on my phone?

Thanks.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Snes9x EX+ .srm location

Post by adventure_of_link »

Sounds to me like this is typical modern Android being screwy, where it won't let it access let alone read/write save files to the SD card. I would advise making a folder on your internal storage called snessaves (or whatever), then configure the emulator to use that folder to load and save games.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
painless
Snes9x White Belt

Post by painless »

I'm confused about where to place my roms and load + play them. I tried making a ROMS directory with the SNES sub directory therein but SNES 9X EX+ cant see that directory for some reason. Im totally new to Android file systems and how they work as Im coming from a Windows environment.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

look for your folder under /storage/emulated/0