In-game Save Files - Can't see them?? (Android)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Eucalyptus9
Snes9x White Belt

In-game Save Files - Can't see them?? (Android)

Post by Eucalyptus9 »

Hey all,

Let me start by saying I'm very computer savvy, and so find this quite infuriating. I've read tons of posts already on permissions issues with Android SNES9x EX+, but that doesn't appear to help me either.

I have a Galaxy S6 and have downloaded Snes9x EX+. I believe version 1.53. I have downloaded several ROM's, and can successfully play them and enjoy them. I can use the Autosave state, and it appears to load them just fine. HOWEVER, due to an unfortunate autosave state issue, I overwrote my state for a game I had spent several days on, at the title screen. Meaning when I load the save state now, it just loads the game from the start menu. So I lost everything. Fine, no big deal, I'll start over. But this time I want to use the in-game save so I don't have this problem.

I've started the game, went to an Inn (the game is 7th Saga), and rested, which should theoretically save my game. I check in my folder where the game is (currently it's where the game was downloaded), and I can see the .0A.frz file, as well as a .00.frz file, which is the ingame save supposedly. the .0A refers to the auto save state I believe. However, when trying to load game, I can only ever see the .srm file for the load game, and when I load that it asks me if I either want to Restart Game, or load Auto-save state. I don't want the auto save state. And I don't want to Restart. If I click Restart the in-game save states are all blank.

I know there are permissions issues, and I've tried putting the save files somewhere else on my phone, using Custom Path saves, or even random places. Half the time when I go to Load Game I get a permissions error and it can't load the folders, and sometimes I also get into a folder that I believe isn't on my SD Card, but the folder is blank, even though I know there are .srm and .frz files in it looking in my File Manager.

How on earth do I use the in-game save with Snes9x EX+?? Where specifically can I save in-game files. The suggested /storage/emulated/0 folder has permission issues, I can't load game from there.