Xbox onejitt controller multiple inputs on the same button

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
SirSaph
Snes9x White Belt

Xbox onejitt controller multiple inputs on the same button

Post by SirSaph »

Hello. I have recently installed the Snes9x to play chrono trigger and more games in the future but I've come across a problem that makes CT a bit difficult to play. I didn't notice it until my first time in the shop menu and the first battle. I have an Xbox one standard controller connected via USB and mapped to match the controls of a standard Snes controller. Unfortunately, it seems that whenever I press the A button instead of it registering a single input, it instead registers multiple the longer the button is held down. This would be much of a problem except for the fact that holding the button down for about 1.5 seconds makes it effectively triple tap which was caused me to attack the wrong enemies or but the same item twice. This also happens with the B button as when I hold it down to dash, instead of it registering a constant long input, it instead registers multiple tap inputs and causes the player character to jitter his walking and dashing animation causing him to move slower and look very weird. I have not found any way of fixing this and was wondering if this is a setting in the emulator or if it is my controller. I doubt the latter because I also tried binding another controller and the same problem was occuring.