2nd Controller Problem

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
spiffo
Snes9x White Belt

2nd Controller Problem

Post by spiffo »

Hi,

I have two Ultimarc Ultra-Stik Analogue USB Controllers plugged into my Windows 10 machine.

The Joysticks are configured with the Ultimarc Software as ID1 and ID2 and Windows 10 has no problem identifying them as two different joysticks.

They also work fine in MAME and some othe Emulators.

But for some strange reason I can only get Snes9x to recognise the 1st Joystick which it identifies as (J0), it just ignores all inputs from the second.

Any Ideas?
Joe shmo-4398
Snes9x White Belt

Re: 2nd Controller Problem

Post by Joe shmo-4398 »

I was experiencing a similar problem. When I went to play the player 1 controlled both 1 and 2.. Both pad 1 and 2 config buttons were blue in9X. Blue means the button is already mapped. I think what fixed it was leaving the config buttons blue and ticking the checkbox Allow Left+Rt/Up+Dn

My problem now is configuring a third controller. It is an xbox 360.. I calibrated it in windows 10 by typing joy.cpl in the search box. Most buttons work fine in 9X it's just the R and Y buttons; and they don’t turn blue in the 9X configuring window. I have also tried using a different 360 controller with the same result.

I have use SNES Joypad checked but I don’t know if I should also have something else checked for the 360 controller?
spiffo
Snes9x White Belt

Re: 2nd Controller Problem

Post by spiffo »

I have Use SNES Joypad ticked as well, I've tried a few others it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I don't have any BLUE Conflicts in the Input Configuration.

The problem is when you select UP for instance it goes Green, you push Joystick No.1 Up, it detects it and assigns (J1)Up.

If I enable a 2nd Joystick then try the same thing with the 2nd Ultra-Stik Joystick nothing happens, the Input Configuration wizard is blissfully unaware of the 2nd Joysticks presence.

I've not had this problem in any other Emulator!