snes9x reset, lost all my saves

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
seekingassistance
Snes9x White Belt

snes9x reset, lost all my saves

Post by seekingassistance »

i was using savestates/normal saves fine for about a month up until just now. i wanted to find my save files, but for some reason they didn't show up in the snes9x folder, so i did something that was probably really stupid. i went to emulation>settings and found that for roms the directory being used was some user named ferris, but there are no users named ferris on my computer. the recent games list was weird too, it had a bunch of games i've never played on it. i changed the directory to some folder in my account and everything got reset. even the input configuration got changed back to default. is there any way to change it back/get my save files back?
Melchior
Snes9x White Belt

Re: snes9x reset, lost all my saves

Post by Melchior »

the files are probably still there..
C:\Users\ folder look for that odd named user folder and dig down to
C:\Users\UserProfile\AppData\Roaming\Snes9x <-- at least it might be storing there...

not sure since I use everything related to Snes9x stored in a single sub-folder to my EmulatorsRoms folder on my server HDD... so its not in any folder on C:\ that would have permission problems..
[b][u](PC Specs)[/u][/b]
[b]CPU:[/b] AMD FX-9590 4.7GHz 8-core
[b]GPU:[/b] nVidia GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
[b]GFX Drivers:[/b] Nvidia v431.60
[b]OS:[/b] Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
[b]RAM:[/b] 32GB DDR3

[b][u]Favorite Emulators:[/u][/b]
PS2 : [url=http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/]PCSX2 (Auto-Builds)[/url]
N64 : [url=http://www.pj64-emu.com]Project64[/url]
seekingassistance
Snes9x White Belt

Re: snes9x reset, lost all my saves

Post by seekingassistance »

Melchior wrote:the files are probably still there..
C:\Users\ folder look for that odd named user folder and dig down to
C:\Users\UserProfile\AppData\Roaming\Snes9x <-- at least it might be storing there...

not sure since I use everything related to Snes9x stored in a single sub-folder to my EmulatorsRoms folder on my server HDD... so its not in any folder on C:\ that would have permission problems..
the problem is, the odd user does not have a folder on my computer at all.