Secret Of Mana, 3-Player Multitap Issue - SNES9x 1.53

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
misteroctopus
Snes9x White Belt

Secret Of Mana, 3-Player Multitap Issue - SNES9x 1.53

Post by misteroctopus »

Hi folks,

I've tried to Google my way around this and search on this forum but I haven't found any solutions.

I'm trying to play 3-player Secret Of Mana using three generic Logitech USB controllers on SNES9X 1.53. I've unlocked all three playable characters, and I'm able to play as the first two. I can't seem to take control of the third character, and I suspect it's because of the controller configuration-- specifically something to do with the multitap options (all thee controllers work fine outside of Snes9x).

I've gone to Input > Input Configuration and mapped all three controllers to Joypad #1, #2 and #3. Under the Input dropdown menu, I initially had it set to "Use SNES Joypad(s)"-- the first two controllers worked, but the third didn't. I figured that I'd need to change to "Use Super Multitap (5-player)" so that Snes9x would recognize the third controller, but that didn't seem to help. I tried setting it to "Use Multitaps (8-player)", but that didn't seem to help either. I've tried setting the third controller to the other Joypad #s, but that also hasn't worked.

What am I missing? Does Secret Of Mana not play well with SNES9x? Is it a problem with v1.53 (do I need to download 1.54)? Am I not seeing a crucial input option somewhere? Do I have to download some kind of funky mod / add-on / hacky thing to get this to work? Any help would be appreciated.
nyancat
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Secret Of Mana, 3-Player Multitap Issue - SNES9x 1.53

Post by nyancat »

For anyone who came here from Google with the same problem, this has indeed been fixed in 1.54.1. Set up your 3 joysticks and choose "Use super multitap" from the input menu and the Start button on the 3rd controller should work now.