Snes9x 1.54.1 will reset to default (including saves)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Qwertyuiop123
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x 1.54.1 will reset to default (including saves)

Post by Qwertyuiop123 »

I downloaded snes9x two days ago and everything was working just fine. I was playing the Sailor Moon rpg and played for a full day. I log in this morning and everything is running smoothly, so I play some more. However, I just opened it and my save file is gone.

I found this weird so I check the config settings and everything is in the right path. I open the SAVE folder and there is an .srm file there and so now I'm scratching my head. I move the .srm file to the ROM folder to see if it would work and it didn't. Something weird happened though as a new .srm file was created in the SAVE folder. There are now two .srm files with the same size (one in ROMS, one just appeared in SAVE). So now I decide to check my input config settings, and it was reverted back to its default joypad settings. I've come to the solution that everything just reset. This has also happened with ZNES and now I'm not sure what to do.