Saving .frz files

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
maxmouze
Snes9x White Belt

Saving .frz files

Post by maxmouze »

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. I have a 2012 Macbook Pro that I used SNES9X on. My computer crashed two years ago and I lost all the game play on a very tedious game. I was so upset, I then played the game all over again and made sure to back up the file when I was done. The computer crashed again (I learned it was because I kept wiping down my computer and water was seeping into the hard drive). I promised myself I was done beating this game because it would be painful if the computer crashed again. A few days ago, I had an inclination to play for fun and now I'm almost at the very end. The problem is, I cannot find where the .frz files goes. I've done a search on my Macbook and the only .frz files are from the Nestopia emulator I have. Does anyone know how I can save the SNES in the same way? They seem to be built into the .smc files but apparently not, given that my backup didn't transfer any game play upon the last hard drive crash I had to recover from.

Thanks in advance.