Snes9x 1.54.1 not running

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Steve
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x 1.54.1 not running

Post by Steve »

I had originally used this on my Windows 7 laptop. I no longer have access to Windows on it as the HD on it has become corrupted (I can't even get to the login screen). I downloaded the 64-bit version as my new PC is 64-bit. Upon trying to run it, I got an error message that I needed d3dx9_42.dll. I downloaded said file and then got this message:

Code: Select all

The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b) Click OK to close the application.
Please help!

Thanks

Steve
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Re: Snes9x 1.54.1 not running

Post by Ryan »

You need to download and install the DirectX 9.0c runtime.
Steve
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Steve »

The one I downloaded from Microsoft's website and then attempted to install generated this message:

You must be running Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Server 2000 Family to install the DirectX 9.0 
I am running Windows 10
Steve
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Steve »

Steve wrote:The one I downloaded from Microsoft's website and then attempted to install generated this message:

You must be running Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Server 2000 Family to install the DirectX 9.0 
I am running Windows 10
Disregard. Please delete this reply.

Steve
Noel_RPG
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Noel_RPG »

Hi Steve.

You probably downloaded the wrong DirectX package. what you should have gotten was the DirectX End-User Runtime "Redistributable" package from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109

It's bigger than the normal DirectX runtime download but you can install the redistributable runtime package without an internet connection (aka. offline). Although the system requirements don't mention Windows 10 (nor Windows 8 or 8.1), the package also works on those versions of Windows.