Error loading states. Please help!

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
StevieME
Snes9x White Belt

Error loading states. Please help!

Post by StevieME »

Hello everyone... I am having a weird issue with Snes9x GX and Visual Boy Advance GX as well for some odd reason and can't seem to find a solution.

I can save a state for both emulators but when I go to load it after, it just starts the game from the beginning.
It will actually save and take up a spot and show that it is there, it just won't load and I can't figure out why.

What is even more weird is that I can save and load states no problem with FCE Ultra GX and Genesis Plus.

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Kirito
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Error loading states. Please help!

Post by Kirito »

StevieME wrote:Hello everyone... I am having a weird issue with Snes9x GX and Visual Boy Advance GX as well for some odd reason and can't seem to find a solution.

I can save a state for both emulators but when I go to load it after, it just starts the game from the beginning.
It will actually save and take up a spot and show that it is there, it just won't load and I can't figure out why.

What is even more weird is that I can save and load states no problem with FCE Ultra GX and Genesis Plus.

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
I am having the same problem.
8schrank8
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Error loading states. Please help!

Post by 8schrank8 »

I have the same problem and can´t find a solution on my own.

- version: snes9xgx 4.3.2
- in the folder ".../apps/snes9xgx" are just the 4 systemfiles located
- roms, saves and cheats are located in ".../snes9xgx/roms/" ...saves/

Games are working properly. Then I save ingame and there is the message "successfully saved". The new save-file is created and located in the correct folder. Then I start the game again, I´m loading the save-file and the emulator just starts the game again.

The path in the settings of the emulator is correct. I tried it with a slash and without, both don´t work. I tried nearly everything and nothing seems to fix my problem :(((

I´m appreciating your help guys!