Impossible to play Sufami Turbo games on Snes9x 1.53

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
synnae
Snes9x White Belt

Impossible to play Sufami Turbo games on Snes9x 1.53

Post by synnae »

Hi, everyone.

I want to inform there's a problem on Snes9x 1.53 that makes it impossible to load Sufami Turbo games. Basically, the paths section of "Load MultiCart" is bugged, but it works perfectly on 1.52.

On 1.52, when I go "File > Load MultiCart" then on "Browse" and select the game, the path becomes like this (on my end):
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\emus\snes9x-1.52\Roms\Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S - Fuwa Fuwa Panic 2 (ST).smc
Ok, there's nothing wrong, so the game loads perfectly. But on 1.53, this is how it becomes:
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\emus\snes9x-1.53\Roms\C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\emus\snes9x-1.53\Roms\C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\emus\snes9x-1.53\Roms\C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\emus\snes9x-1.53\Roms\C:\Us
As you can see, the path is broken. So it's impossible to load the game. Even if you try to repair it manually, it doesn't work.

Can you guys please fix this bug? I love Snes9x 1.53 and I actually prefer it over bsnes based emulators due to the better performance. I'd rather not have to switch to other emulators in order to play certain games...
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Impossible to play Sufami Turbo games on Snes9x 1.53

Post by odditude »

confirmed on 1.53.

issue is not present in the latest testbuild; use that.
synnae
Snes9x White Belt

Post by synnae »

Tried both builds (32b and 64b), emulator crashes for me when I try to load the game.

What should I do?
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

I've found the issue and will try to do a new testbuild this weekend.
synnae
Snes9x White Belt

Post by synnae »

Ok. Thanks, OV2.

By the way, looking at all those testbuilds, I was wondering if we'll eventually see a Snes9x 1.54.