Configuring a ps3 pad with android box

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
vivahate79
Snes9x White Belt

Configuring a ps3 pad with android box

Post by vivahate79 »

hi there is there an idiot proof guide anywhere to use a ps3 pad for snes9x on an android box?

thank you
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Re: Configuring a ps3 pad with android box

Post by Ryan »

Last I knew the only way to do that is to shell out for this ones guys driver app. No one else has bothered to reverse the system the PS3 and controllers use and make it available for android that I know of.
vivahate79
Snes9x White Belt

Post by vivahate79 »

Ryan wrote:Last I knew the only way to do that is to shell out for this ones guys driver app. No one else has bothered to reverse the system the PS3 and controllers use and make it available for android that I know of.
thank you, do you know if there are pads that are suited to android that i could buy?
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Post by Ryan »

Anything that uses plain old BlueTooth will work. I bought a SteelSeries Free for playing emulators on my android devices, but I got mine for $25 new, seems they've shot up in price, costs around $80 on Amazon now. There are tons of other controller makers out there though, $80 is ridiculous for the controller I got. They sell essentially the same controller under a new name with one less button between the d-pad and face buttons for $50, still seems steep for its size and such.