Losing focus

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
norskon
Snes9x White Belt

Losing focus

Post by norskon »

Hey, whenever I'm playing a game (no certain game, can be any) the program has a tendency of losing focus. This causes the game to pause, and I have to reclick the window before I can resume the game. I am not in full-screen when this error occurs. This error occurs even if no other programs are running. This error occurs every five minutes or so. I'm using SNES9X v 1.53 and am operating on Windows 8.1. No other program has this error, only SNES9X.

An unrelated, less irritating error: If a game is running, I cannot change to another game without the program crashing, I must exit the program, then re-enter. Whenever I re-enter, it does not remember where my directory is. This is annoying, but bearable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
BHMatrix
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Losing focus

Post by BHMatrix »

mine is doing this also, so posting here and hoping some kind fellow comes up with a fix.
baconlol
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Losing focus

Post by baconlol »

Same issue here.

Windows losing focus is a common problem for a lot of people and there are lot of programs that run in the background that can be potentially stealing focus from it.

But for some strange reason, it purposefully and unfairly targeting snesx9. It doesn't take focus from anything else. Only snesx9. And fairly often. About once every 5 minutes very consistently.

There may be programs out there like focus taker that you can use to identify a program that is trying to put another window above the one you want.

Also go for the obvious malware scans.