Snes9x keeps crashing and saves corrupted

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
kalty95
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x keeps crashing and saves corrupted

Post by kalty95 »

Hey guys,
So I'm new to pc gaming and emulation, and I started emulating about a month ago. Everything was working fine up until around this week, where my Chrono Trigger game kept crashing until Snes9x wouldn't even open anymore when I clicked on it. I redownloaded Snes9x, and while I was able to open Snes9x, I found all my save states had been corrupted and when I started Chrono Trigger, the game had none of my save files. I went to check my Donkey Kong country game, and the same thing happened. So I thought, eh, I'll just start Super Mario RPG, and even though I redownloaded snes9x, the game crashed in the first 15 minutes of me playing. I have no idea what I did or why it's acting up now, I havent downloaded anything recently. When I restarted the computer the other day after the game crashed, I got a blue screen that said driver irql not less or equal. Not sure if that has to do with anything. Im really clueless here, so if you all woundn't mind being patient with me, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Re: Snes9x keeps crashing and saves corrupted

Post by Ryan »

kalty95 wrote:irql not less or equal
This generally means you have an unstable device driver. What file do these blue screens mention? If you don't know, can you upload a recent crash dump file for me to run through windebug?