Snes9x Weird "Lag"

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
StarOfDoom
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x Weird "Lag"

Post by StarOfDoom »

Hey guys!
I have been using Snes9x for quite a while, to speedrun SMW. Recently I ran into a strange "bug" of sorts. Every about half a second or so it seems to be sticking on a frame for one frame. This is not only very distracting, but in a larger run this adds up quite a bit and ends up being a lot of time that I lose because of this. My computer is custom built, can run Black Ops 2 at 60fps on pretty good settings, and my cpu usage isn't high at all while i'm playing. I have tried closing everything else but the emulator, setting the priority to realtime/high, tried different roms, and it seems to be the emulator. I have a tournament in about a week that I was hoping to enter, but with this I don't know if I will be able to. Any help?

Thanks!
-Star
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Snes9x Weird "Lag"

Post by odditude »

what's your monitor refresh rate set to? if it's not 60Hz, you'll run into this issue.
geekgirl101
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Snes9x Weird "Lag"

Post by geekgirl101 »

This is interesting. I experienced lag in Snes9x as it started but then it recovered a few seconds later and hasn't been an issue since. Mine's also a custom built laptop, 75Hz refresh rate monitor, Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7, 16gb memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M gfx card.

Slightly off-topic but I noticed the Snes9x core for RetroArch on the Android is laggy as hell and unplayable. This is probably more a problem with RetroArch though.