L and R issues

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
dukeofzill
Snes9x White Belt

L and R issues

Post by dukeofzill »

I have looked everywhere for an answer to this question, maybe someone here can link me to an answer or help me out. So, playing Chrono Trigger. I am NOT using the keyboard, I am using an xbox 360 controller. Got passed arris dome by mapping L and R to the same button, that worked fine. However, the emulator doesn't register L and R at the same time. It will register one or the other, but not both when pressed simultaneously. Is there some sort of fix for this? Or am I going to have to remap the L and R buttons every time I need to use one of them by itself? Like when I need to switch characters in the menu with L or R, or page down in my inventory with either L or R. That's where the problem is, if the L and R are mapped to the same button, it wont register as using either or, it will only register as pressing them both at the same time. I need the functionality to use them either separately or at the same time with out remapping them to the same button.
chroma043
Snes9x White Belt

Re: L and R issues

Post by chroma043 »

I have this exact same issue, so it's definitely not just you. Came to the board wondering how I could get a fix for Contra 3, as there are a few moves which require L and R to be held down simultaneously, but it doesn't look like this is getting much attention. Seems like an incredibly obvious oversight.