Crash after syncing Wii remote

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Pollardfreek
Snes9x White Belt

Crash after syncing Wii remote

Post by Pollardfreek »

Hello all, I have a frustrating problem and I was looking for some feedback/help. I am running snes9x 1.5.26 on an iPad 1. It runs fine playing it normally, but I've been wanting to use my Wii remote for extra enjoyment. Almost every time I sync up my Wii remote though, snes9x crashes; but mostly only after I press a button in game. I can scroll through the menu settings and change them and pick a game to load with my Wiimote just fine, but as soon as the game starts or I press a button in game it just shuts down.

I was able to play Mario Kart with my Wiimote last night for about a half hour. When I tried to play again later however I began having the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Any kind of help or feedback whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
Pollardfreek
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Crash after syncing Wii remote

Post by Pollardfreek »

I am happy to report that I have resolved my issue. It took a couple days, but I figured out that BtStack was at fault. For some reason the newest version wasn't working properly, so I found a version that was a couple releases older and my wiimote is now properly functioning with my emulator. I hope this may help someone in the future with a similar issue.