Assigning Keys to Quick Load/Save: Not functioning?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
c0dehunter
Snes9x White Belt

Assigning Keys to Quick Load/Save: Not functioning?

Post by c0dehunter »

Hi All,
This is my very first post. As you can agree, pressing SHIFT-F1 and then reaching out again to the keyboard and pressing F1 to load that quick save is a bit of pain in the middle of action.

Therefore, I wanted to find out if there is a way to assign these keys to a gamepad instead.

The option that I find is called Customize Hotkeys, but when I assign save0 and load0 to desired keys on my gamepad (in this case L and R, respectively), they do not function at all: when I press either assigned keys, noting happens, and I don't even see the text on the screen confirming that a quick load/save has been registered.

These assigned keys are GREEN colored, meaning that they don't conflict with any other assigned keys, but still noting happens when I press them!

I would really appreciate it if you help me out here!

Thanks!
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: Assigning Keys to Quick Load/Save: Not functioning?

Post by OV2 »

There seems to be a bug if you are trying to use any joypad other than joypad 0 for hotkeys. Could this be the problem in your case?
I'll try to get a new testbuild out this week that fixes this issue.
c0dehunter
Snes9x White Belt

Post by c0dehunter »

Well, there is no joypad 0,but if you are talking about the default joypad (#1), yes, I AM indeed using it , but noting happens.
OV2

Post by OV2 »

Snes9x starts numbering the joypads with 0, so if the key you assigned to the hotkey starts with "(J1)" then this is the problem.
c0dehunter
Snes9x White Belt

Post by c0dehunter »

OV2 wrote:Snes9x starts numbering the joypads with 0, so if the key you assigned to the hotkey starts with "(J1)" then this is the problem.
OK, it seems that I have J1 as my primary joystick. There is no J0 in the pull down menu:

Input --> Input Configuration --> Controller (dropdown menu, on top left): There is no J0, it starts with Joypad #1, #2, etc.
c0dehunter
Snes9x White Belt

Post by c0dehunter »

EDIT:

OK, it seems to work now! Here is what I did:

I removed all my game controllers from the USB ports, and only connected the one that I wanted to assign. Then I made sure it is set as the 'Preferred Device' (Windows XP here) under the Game Controllers in the Control Panel, and Voila, it is working now!
OV2

Post by OV2 »

The most recent testbuild should fix this - it should now work for all controllers.
c0dehunter
Snes9x White Belt

Post by c0dehunter »

Thanks for the new build!