dPad issue for TTX Tech SF Classic Controller (WII)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
gutterbear
Snes9x White Belt

dPad issue for TTX Tech SF Classic Controller (WII)

Post by gutterbear »

Hello-

I have purchased a third party SNES controller that connects to my WII remote. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/251553581680?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1)

I am able to use the remote on the Wii home screen with no issue, but after launching snes 9x gx(newest version available) the dPad is not recognized properly. Other buttons seem to be recognized when attempting to map buttons, but d-pad does not respond.

I'm guessing the controller has different button assignments then the normal classic controllers created by Nintendo and the settings.xml file would need to be updated to include this controller specifically.

Does anyone know of an already update XML file or another fix that would allow me to use this controller with snes9x? Looking at the TTX page doesn't make me feel like I'm going to get a refund.
If need be, I'm willing to put in some extra effort to find the button assignments, if someone could point me in the right direction.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Cshea85
Snes9x White Belt

Bump

Post by Cshea85 »

I am also looking for the same fix. Ive looked in the forums and google already. I have found a few dead links of recompiled files, so apparently it can be done. Any help would be great thanks
chud9
Snes9x White Belt

Re: dPad issue for TTX Tech SF Classic Controller (WII)

Post by chud9 »

Same here! Someone please help us!
snes9xfan
Snes9x White Belt

Post by snes9xfan »

Hello,

I have good news for you: I have managed to make it work properly. I have a compiled snes9xgx with some tweaks and it works quite well. I've tried to upload the boot.dol file to this forum but the size limit is very small. If you are still interested on this, send me a private message and I will send you the file.

Best,
snes9xfan
Golfturbo
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Golfturbo »

Snexfan can you help me with my 2 ttx snes controller on homebrew
Up down left right dont work!!!!
Thank you
timlundgren
Snes9x White Belt

Post by timlundgren »

I have the same issue. Can you send me the modified file you made?
Zed83
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Zed83 »

I have the same problem here to. Can you send It to me to??
rayneman421
Snes9x White Belt

Post by rayneman421 »

snes9xfan wrote:Hello,

I have good news for you: I have managed to make it work properly. I have a compiled snes9xgx with some tweaks and it works quite well. I've tried to upload the boot.dol file to this forum but the size limit is very small. If you are still interested on this, send me a private message and I will send you the file.

Best,
snes9xfan

can i get this file too i cant seem to find it anywhere eles thanks
rayneman421
Snes9x White Belt

Post by rayneman421 »

Best,
snes9xfan

cant you just post a link for 4share or mediafire or something thanks
Sondra
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Sondra »

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the TTX controller and the D-Pad.

Can someone send me the file or a link ?

Best,

Sondra
MoGGsor
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MoGGsor »

I have the same issue!

Ive spent the last 3 days trying to get this to work and here are my conclussion:

im trying to use the "TTX controller" (SNES controller made for wii by plugging in to the wii remote)
I want to use this controller for my SNES games wich i run trough Homebrew with emulator "Snes9x GX" on my wii.

The controller DO work for original Nintendo wii games launched from their original CD:s
The controller DO work for the "Genesis Plus" (SEGA emulator)
The controller DO NOT work for the "FCE Ultra GX" (NES emulator)
The controller DO NOT work for the "Snes9x GX" (SNES emulator)

If i have the controller plugged in while starting the emulator i get different errors, sometimes it jsut lags, sometimes i get a black DOS screen, and sometimes it just doesent work.

Ive tryed installing multiple programs like Devkit pro, turtoise etc etc etc, hacking files, exporting, importing, patching, tweaking etc etc etc etc, and nothing seems to get it to work.
Downloaded 3rd party tweaked version of snes9x.

The firthest ive come is to get everything to work except the direction pad.

Ive found no other SNES emualtor on the internet for homebrew wich i can try and ive downoaded every file i can find by searching the internet.

I now give up.

Is the somone who can fix this?

I think we need a modded och tweaked version of snes9x with support for this type of controller, does anyone have these files?
MoGGsor
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MoGGsor »

anyone who can save the weekend?
Burhone
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Burhone »

Best,
snes9xfan
Did anyone ever get the file "snes9xfan" says he has?
MoGGsor
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MoGGsor »

Burhone wrote:

Best,
snes9xfan
doesent seem like it =(
loyacar
Snes9x White Belt

Post by loyacar »

Best,
snes9xfan
Can you send the modified file
Sondra
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Sondra »

MoGGsor wrote:
Burhone wrote:

Best,
snes9xfan
doesent seem like it =(
Yup, never heard back from him... :(