Low FPS

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Low FPS

Post by odditude »

xSonic521x wrote:I seem to have trouble understanding why I get slowdowns with this emulator not just on Super FX chip based games but also some normal ones too when too many sprites are on screen. I have an Intel 4970k, I have tried almost every single video setting there is, different output methods, the official latest release and every single test build release on 32-bit and 64-bit, I just don't seem to get why this emulator slows down when there's just 1 too many sprites on screen even on a non Super FX chip based game, I have a REAL Original Style SNES Chip-1 02 version and I have never seen the same slowdowns in the same spots I do on the emulator regardless of how hard I may try. Games include - Yoshi's Island, Super Mario All-Stars + World, Kirby Super Star, Zelda A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Super Mario RPG, Megaman X and Kirby's Dreamland 3. When I say the game gets low FPS, I mean it's something you can feel, not that you have to look very hard to notice. Like 60 FPS to 18 FPS for a moment or two.
this is not an emulation bug, it's actually accurate console behavior.