How do I fix "file not in SNES 9x freeze format?"

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
2DMoonside
Snes9x White Belt

How do I fix "file not in SNES 9x freeze format?"

Post by 2DMoonside »

:( I had downloaded the snes9x emulator on my flashdrive and would play the ROMs off of it. I was in the middle of playing earthbound when the program said that it had stopped working and it closed it completely. When I had opened it again, and tried to load my save states, it said that it was not in the freeze format. I would really like some help with this issue. It would be greatly appreciated :)<3
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: How do I fix "file not in SNES 9x freeze format?"

Post by OV2 »

"not in freeze format" usually means the save you tried to load does not exist. How did you save? In game, or by using a save state? Look into the saves folder if the save state you are trying to load exist (files ROMNAME.000 to ROMNAME.010)
2DMoonside
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 2DMoonside »

Usually whenever I play I save in the game, then before I encounter a boss, I use a save state.
I could not find a saves folder :( However, when I clicked on the games folder and scrolled down to earthbound it had
EARTHBOUND.000
EARTHBOUND.001
EARTHBOUND.002
.. I believe that those are the save files considering that same text had popped up on the screen when I had saved..

Again, thank you for the help :)
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

Then it should work if you load the rom and then load one of the save slots. You could check in Emulation->Settings where the Saves folder should be located.