Sound Error in Relation to Load Error

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
AnIntrigueTime
Snes9x White Belt

Sound Error in Relation to Load Error

Post by AnIntrigueTime »

What occurs is, if I press load state too quickly (lets say twice consecutively), then
the screen freezes, the sound stops, and when I hover my mouse over the snes9x screen it doesn't
appear.
I'm forced to go to the bottom of the screen and right click/exit. It takes about 5 seconds,
but it eventually does exit.

I don't recall if this is when the problem started, but this is a problem I've had.

Then, when I start playing the game again, then load the state, the audio is all messed up.
It's weird, at first I thought the wrong sfx was being called per action, then I thought
maybe it was all jumbled as to what to play. Nevertheless, I do get some weird buggy noises
for sfx at times, and I have no music in the background except for at certain points in a level
which lasts for a few seconds and sounds horrible.

Is there any way I can maintain my state in the game while fixing the sound?
(The thing is, it had worked before so I know it is not my sound settings).

(A way I fixed this before was just not loading my state and loading my game the normal
way, aka the in-game load, but this load would bring me way back in progress.
And this solution is no longer possible because I've already save-stated post the time
the sound stopped working so now, besides the title screen, the sound is screwed up.)