SMV to AVI?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Mvf314
Snes9x White Belt

SMV to AVI?

Post by Mvf314 »

Hey!

I am a beginning TASer, and I have Snes9x-rr working on my Mac via Wine. The TASing itself goes perfect, but the encoding is a BIG problem. When I try to record a SMV file as AVI, the AVI is uncompressed and shows every frame for around a minute during +-5 minutes, so I guess that it is the wrong codec. I have no other codecs that work, but I also have no idea how to install one and get it to work in Wine. So, are there any Programs that can convert the SMV into an AVI?

Thanks,

Mvf314
nintendo1889
Snes9x White Belt

Re: SMV to AVI?

Post by nintendo1889 »

Mvf314 wrote:Hey!

I am a beginning TASer, and I have Snes9x-rr working on my Mac via Wine. The TASing itself goes perfect, but the encoding is a BIG problem. When I try to record a SMV file as AVI, the AVI is uncompressed and shows every frame for around a minute during +-5 minutes, so I guess that it is the wrong codec. I have no other codecs that work, but I also have no idea how to install one and get it to work in Wine. So, are there any Programs that can convert the SMV into an AVI?

Thanks,

Mvf314
I can't say for macs, but on windows I record in SMV, then go back and replay it, and capture to AVI during the replay. It makes the gameplay more responsive and encode at the second step.