snes shut's down after short period

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
wolfdeablo
Snes9x White Belt

snes shut's down after short period

Post by wolfdeablo »

i start up any game and start to play, but then the system snes9x shuts off after a short amount of time. i don't know if any one else has discussed this but i would really like to get this to work. my little eight year old girl likes to play it with me, and since i got a new computer, with windows eight on it, it just seems to not work. my system is a 64-bit and i have snes9x 1.53, if anyone could help please do, thank you for your time.
Daikun
Snes9x White Belt

Re: snes shut's down after short period

Post by Daikun »

Are you using the 64-bit version of SNES9X?

If so, then that might be the problem. It's very buggy and is nigh-unusable.

Try the 32-bit version and see if it works better.
Daikun
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Daikun »

Oh, and I was going to add this to my post, but since I can't edit them, I'll have to double-post.

SNES9X will not work if you don't have DirectX installed. So in case you don't have it, be sure to download it. (It's free software.)
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

Daikun wrote:Are you using the 64-bit version of SNES9X? If so, then that might be the problem. It's very buggy and is nigh-unusable.
since when? i've used the x64 build for the past few versions and have never experienced a crash.
Daikun wrote:SNES9X will not work if you don't have DirectX installed.
...but OP clearly said that he CAN use SNES9X, it just quits unexpectedly after a period of time.

OP: please clarify - is the computer shutting down, or is SNES9X?