snes9x/Windows Problem

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
aceofdiamonds
Snes9x White Belt

snes9x/Windows Problem

Post by aceofdiamonds »

I don't have a problem with the emulator itself, but I've noticed now that whenever I try to save an image on my computer, if it's named anything ending in ".1" (e.g.: snow.1), instead of my computer recognizing it as an image and saving it normally (as a .jpg, .png, or .jpeg), it somehow gets rewritten as an Snes9x rom file. I deleted the emulator and any roms that I had to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: snes9x/Windows Problem

Post by OV2 »

If you save your image as .anything this will always happen, since windows thinks you have manually entered a file extension and will not add the image extension. Either manually enter ".1.jpg", or do not use a dot.
aceofdiamonds
Snes9x White Belt

Re: snes9x/Windows Problem

Post by aceofdiamonds »

Yes, you're right that I can type the ".jpg" manually and it works fine, but that's the odd part about it. I can save any other image file as, say, "ice.2" or "fire.3" and Windows will still recognize it as an image file and save it automatically as a .jpg file. It's only when I try the ".1" that the conversion happens. As long as it doesn't cause a significant problem for my computer, it's no big deal; I was just curious.