Mario Keeps Jumping Off Yoshi

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
dmmasses
Snes9x White Belt

Mario Keeps Jumping Off Yoshi

Post by dmmasses »

I just started playing games on snes9x. Actually, it's my first time using any emulator. I bought the ibuffalo controller and it's working great. The only games I've played so far are Donkey Kong (USA) (Rev B) and Super Mario World (USA). Everything works fine in both games except for Super Mario. The only thing wrong is when I'm running 'fast' while on Yoshi and I jump, Mario jumps off of Yoshi. I know I can jump off Yoshi if I press the A button but while I'm pressing the Y button to make Yoshi run fast and slide my thumb down to the B button to make them both jump in sync, Mario jumps off.

Now I haven't played these games in years but shouldn't I be able run fast with Yoshi without Mario jumping off?

I can run with Mario alone and jump far without any problems. Maybe it has something to do with me pressing Y and B buttons at the same time? Can I configure this a different way?

Thanks
dmmasses
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Mario Keeps Jumping Off Yoshi

Post by dmmasses »

My mistake. I just realized I was just barely pressing the A button while jumping. This controller is touchy and I need to get used to it.