Trouble getting default screen to appear in 8.1

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
joshdnichols
Snes9x White Belt

Trouble getting default screen to appear in 8.1

Post by joshdnichols »

I have a toshiba Satellite (don't judge :wink: ) with an HDMI output using Windows 8.1. I regularly output to my TV to play some games.

Recently I don't remember how I got to this point, but I go to turn on snes9x, and I don't see the default black screen. I see the program loaded in my task bar, but I see no screen. I go to connect it to the TV (thinking it got "remembered" in the wrong place) and I didn't see it there either. I tried click-and-drag a rom, and alas - I hear sound. But there is still no screen showing the game.

I go to "uninstall" (A.K.A. move the snes9x folder to the trash and empty) and re-install the program. It still doesn't work.

Thoughts?
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Trouble getting default screen to appear in 8.1

Post by odditude »

launch snes9x, press alt+space to open the application menu, press M to select move, then use the arrow keys to move the window around until you get it back into the viewport.

generally, the keyboard will be fully functional in any application that has focus, regardless of whether the window is visible or on-screen.
joshdnichols
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Trouble getting default screen to appear in 8.1

Post by joshdnichols »

Thanks for the lead! I tried doing what you did, but I could not manage to get anything to pop up that resembled a window, however...

I tried using

Code: Select all

x
(for Maximize) and I managed to pull up the window. I was able to change the size of the window and get it back to normal. Thanks so much for the tip!