Snes9x not saving certain settings

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Snes9x not saving certain settings

Post by the_randomizer »

Yeah, got a couple of interesting issues on Snes9x 1.53 (none of those GIT builds hosted on EmuCR, I gave up on there).

First issue: Having either vsync and/or triple buffering on, I see "skipping" in what should be an otherwise smooth framerate, such as when something is scrolling along the screen,
it's not as smooth as it should be. Same with strobe effects (like the dash meter on Tiny Toon Adventures), I notices "gaps" or skips in the flickering, as it should be here. I've tried have them on separately and simultaneously, and the problem goes away, but when I use the emulator later, the issue resurfaces. I don't know if it's a GPU driver-related issue with how it's syncing, I don't know.

Second issue: Every time I load 1.53 up, sync audio is always disabled, so I enable it, next time I load it up, it no longer remembers that it was saved, but other settings save just fine, I don't know if the config file is corrupted or if there's a bug in the emulator itself, I don't know, suffice to say, it's annoying.

CPU: Core i5 3570
GPU: nVidia GTX 660
Version: 1.53 (non-GIT)
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Re: Snes9x not saving certain settings

Post by the_randomizer »

Wow, these parts sure are active, and to think I was beginning to wonder if this place was dead! 190+ views and not a single response....not surprised.
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"