Multiplayer with 2 USB Controller Issues

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
SNESNYNY
Snes9x White Belt

Multiplayer with 2 USB Controller Issues

Post by SNESNYNY »

I have two generic USB controllers. Both work in snes9x when they are plugged in separately but only one works within a game when they are both plugged in.

I have them plugged into two different USB ports, would I need a splitter to plug them into one to work?

I have already properly mapped each controller to Joypad #1 and the second to Joypad #2.

Any ideas on why I can't play multiplayer with this setup?
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: Multiplayer with 2 USB Controller Issues

Post by OV2 »

If they are both correctly detected in the Input Configuration dialog then they should also work in game. Are both joypads enabled in the dialog? Is "Use SNES Joypads" selected in the input menu? What game are you trying?
SNESNYNY
Snes9x White Belt

Post by SNESNYNY »

Yes the SNES Joypad is selected and both were able to be configured and enabled in each of the first two Joypad profiles.

I've tried this in TMNT: Turtles in Time and Super Mario Kart.
WalMartCartPusher
Snes9x White Belt

Post by WalMartCartPusher »

SNESNYNY wrote:Yes the SNES Joypad is selected and both were able to be configured and enabled in each of the first two Joypad profiles.

I've tried this in TMNT: Turtles in Time and Super Mario Kart.
First...make sure to plug in the USB Joypad to the SNES Controller...then plug it into the computer...then start SNES9x. I find that SNES9x does not detect input while it is running unless everything is plugged in in that order. Just remember which USB port you used for each controller...and that should clear up a few issues.

Also...upon Windows Startup, the only USB devices Windows detects at login are USB drives, keyboards, and mice. Once logged in you should be able to plug in the device to have it detected. I have USB controller adapters for mine and it works just fine using the aforementioned methods.
SNESNYNY
Snes9x White Belt

Post by SNESNYNY »

Thanks - I'm pretty sure I did but I'll make sure I plug in both before starting it up and will update if that solves the issue.