Making SNES9x launch with Multitap enabled

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
MarkyX
Snes9x White Belt

Making SNES9x launch with Multitap enabled

Post by MarkyX »

Hey guys,

I am using a frontend (GameEx) to launch my SNES games and I am using Snes9x. However, there is an issue where whenever I launch Snes9x, it always changes back to Joypads (meaning 2 controllers) instead of Multitap. Because of this, games like Super Bomberman and Saturday Night Slammasters don't recognize the 3rd and 4th controller.

Is there any way to make it Snes9x launch with multitap enabled?
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: Making SNES9x launch with Multitap enabled

Post by OV2 »

If you are using one of the latest testbuilds you can set it to multitap by starting with "-port2 mp5:2345".
MarkyX
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MarkyX »

I get an error

"Cannot Select MP5: MultiPlayer5Master disabled"
MarkyX
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MarkyX »

Sorry let me rephase that.

I didn't get the latest build, I did, and the error doesn't appear but it still doesn't work.
OV2

Post by OV2 »

I see the problem now, it reverts on game load. I'll try to create a new testbuild for you this week.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Is there any way to hard code your front end (or some other checkable option) to where you can turn on multitap for those specific games? Leaving it enabled all the time will cause problems (especially with running special chip games)...

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
MarkyX
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MarkyX »

No, unfortunately there isn't.
OV2

Post by OV2 »

Sorry, I forgot to post it here: the most recent testbuild should fix the selection via cmd-line.
MarkyX
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MarkyX »

Thank you. It works great! I was worried I had to stick with Zsnes.
RudyC3
Snes9x White Belt

Post by RudyC3 »

Forgive me for bringing this back up but I have a smiliar issue to that of the multitap support, only it's with mouse support and not multitap.

I use a front end too to launch my games, except i'm using hyperspin, and what I would like is for my snes games compatible with snes mouse (Mario & Wario, Mario Paint, Lemmings 2 and Wonder Project J, among others) to launch SNES9X with the option for SNES mouse activated already.

It works using the command line mentioned above as an example, I used "snes9x.exe -port1 mouse1 "path to my rom"" and it boots up the game in snes9x AND activates snes mouse, cause I checked in the menu. The only problem is, unless you select SNES mouse directly from the menu, only the buttons of the mouse work in game, the mouse pointer in-game doesn't move. It's like SNES9X only set the mouse pointer to move upon selecting "snes mouse" in the "input" category manually, but not through CLI.

I am using the latest test build downloaded from the folder mentioned above by the way, the 02042015 one.
RudyC3
Snes9x White Belt

Post by RudyC3 »

Sorry for double posting, I can't edit my above message, just wanted to say I now tried with the 11052015 testbuild, and the result is the same (the build I was using before wasn't the latest one anymore when I finally posted my question). Is it possible for that to be fixed then? For the mouse to effectively become "active" when starting in CLI with the right command line arguments? Cause as it is, it's effectively selected (the snes mouse) and the mouse is active, but only for the buttons, and not for pointer movements, it only reads mouse movements upon selecting it from the menu, and when snes mouse was selected through CLI on bootup, mouse movements aren't read.

Thanks in advance.
OV2

Post by OV2 »

I'll look into it, hopefully this weekend.
RudyC3
Snes9x White Belt

Post by RudyC3 »

OV2 wrote:I'll look into it, hopefully this weekend.
Thanks a lot. If it helps, I think there must be something missing about how the mouse movement within the emulator is being mapped to the actual physical mouse of the computer. Like, when the emulator receives the command on startup to set itself to mouse controls, it doesn't get instructed to capture mouse movements, or something, but you'll likely work it out better than I could myself.
OV2

Post by OV2 »

I've made a new build that should fix the issue: snes9x_testbuild_24052015.zip
RudyC3
Snes9x White Belt

Post by RudyC3 »

Will try this out tonight, thanks a lot for that :D !
RudyC3
Snes9x White Belt

Post by RudyC3 »

Excellent mate, you rule :mrgreen: !! It works like a charm now!! Thanks so much for your help!
Alan Ribas
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Alan Ribas »

OV2 wrote:I've made a new build that should fix the issue: snes9x_testbuild_24052015.zip

I am currently using version "snes9x_testbuild_25062014" because it allows me to enable multitap through the command line. I currently use a frontend called "GameEx". A small problem I noticed this build was that the mouse pointer does not disappear when the game starts. I always have to move it from the center of the monitor to the edge. Could you tell me if you have any command line to make the mouse disappear when the game starts? Or you could help me to help otherwise doing a new build?

ps. also tested the new build done, "Snes9x test build 24052015", and there is no difference. When the game starts the mouse is still there.

thank you.