Getting a black screen for various "World Maps"

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
smackinisaiah
Snes9x White Belt

Getting a black screen for various "World Maps"

Post by smackinisaiah »

So, this is a really weird issue to have, but I've noticed a little bit of a pattern when I play RPGs on Snes9x Euphoria R2 on my PSPGo. Every game I try to use a "World Map" in, most specifically Legend of Zelda and Breath of Fire 1, I get a black screen that doesn't go away until I exit the world map. Now, in today's world, that's perfectly fine because I can just whip out the ol' smartphone and bust out a world map, turning my situation into basically a Nintendo DS, which I'm totally cool with. However, I just hit a part in Breath of Fire, specifically the "Mouse Hole" level where everyone is bite-sized and running around a mouse tunnel, and I cannot for the life of me see anything. I can hit the Select button and get to my menu just fine, and the background music still plays, but I'm registering absolutely no images or anything when I'm in the regular in-game level, similar to how it is when I try to open a world map in these games. Has anyone else had this similar issue and can suggest a fix?

Also, if I wanted to bypass this issue for the time being, will I be able to play my Euphoria R2 save on say, 1.43 on my laptop? Because there's no way in hell that I'm getting about 70% finished with this game only to receive a big "sorry charlie".

Thank you everyone and anyone for your help!!!
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Getting a black screen for various "World Maps"

Post by adventure_of_link »

A. Snes9X Euphoria was sadly discontinued several years ago... we're still looking for a maintainer, but at this point I'm personally not holding my, uhm, FIERY breath. :P

and 2. the *.srm file (if applicable) will be acceptable to run on any SNES Emulator past and present, regardless of brand, version, or platform. if on the other hand you were asking for save states, unfortunately you're SOL since they're emulator specific (BSNES save states won't work on Snes9X, UOSNES, ZSNES, etc and vice versas), they tend to be version specific (eg: Snes9X 1.43 save states WILL NOT work on the latest code), and I'm almost certain it's platform specific also (eg: Snes9X on OSX states may not work on the PC versions, etc).

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley