Close Snes9x with controller

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
guru8bit
Snes9x White Belt

Close Snes9x with controller

Post by guru8bit »

Hello, I've been trying to set up my snes games as shorcuts in Steam, so that I don't need to find the emulator and the game eveytime I want to play. Now I have an exe file that can be started from within Steam's Big Picture that starts the emulator and the game I want to play. Everything works perfectly, the only problem that keeps bugging me is that the only way I have to close Snes9x to go back to Big Picture is to use Alt+f4.

I thought there would be a way to change this by the shortcuts option, but nope, it's not there. I've tried using JoytoKey to map select=alt and start=f4, and made it start with game and emulator, and it kinda works, apart from the fact that select works as an ON/OFF Alt button. So if I press it one time, it stays activated. Basically, now, when I push start+select the emulator closes, that I have to push start+select again to close JoytoKey, but then ALT stays activated, and if I open another game and press start to pause it or start it, the emulator closes again.

Is there an easier way to close snes9x from a controller?
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Close Snes9x with controller

Post by odditude »

looked through the gui and snes9x.conf and saw no such option on 1.53win. unless it has been added in one of the testbuilds...

FEATURE REQUEST: new gui hotkey "close Snes9x" with matching conf items "CloseSnes9x"; defaulted to unassigned
JUSTIFICATION: ease-of-use with gamepad-based frontends, feature parity with other emulators
RISK: minimal; comparable to having savestate loading bindable to hotkey
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: Close Snes9x with controller

Post by OV2 »

This has already been added in the testbuilds (page 4 of the hotkey configuration): http://www.s9x-w32.de/dl/testbuilds/