Game slowdown - Yoshi's Island

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
kaega2
Snes9x White Belt

Game slowdown - Yoshi's Island

Post by kaega2 »

I'm experiencing game slowdown in places that I don't think it should occur. Wondering if anyone can confirm if it's normal or not, or give any troubleshooting steps if it's not.

I'm currently using Snes9x 1.56.2, but I have just upgraded from 1.54.1 and it also had the same issue.
Running on Windows 10 with the latest update available.
I7-5630 with GTX 1080 GPU

I was just playing through Raphael the Raven's Castle. Near the end there's an area where you have to make your way to the top with one of the arrow balls. At the top there are three ravens on their planets, there are also seagulls that fly by horizontally on your way up. Just after the first raven comes into view I start experiencing the slow down. It seems to happen when all three ravens and one seagull are in memory. The slowdown will stop when I get really close to the pipe at the top, or when I kill one of the ravens.

Also when fighting the raven its self, if I get hit by the sparks he makes when he stomps, there is a slow down until either the sparks disappear, or I catch Mario.

I watched a Let's Play of this area. During the three ravens his game didn't seem to slow down at all.
Knapik
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Game slowdown - Yoshi's Island

Post by Knapik »

What do you mean by 'slow down?' The game lags out or?
kaega2
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Game slowdown - Yoshi's Island

Post by kaega2 »

I found the answer.

To anyone else who has the same issue, go into the main settings, and change the Super FX speed to 125%