Recording issues

Need a hint? Got a code or strategy? Share it all here!
DjKlzonez
Snes9x White Belt

Recording issues

Post by DjKlzonez »

Hi! This is my first post :D
but it will not be the last one, some of you may know me from youtube (my 8-bit music, SNES covers...), and i've been interested in recording some gameplay with my music, but i've had some troubles, before anyone helps me:
I'm using a PPC Mac, well, the problem is that i know how to record videos in SMV format, but i don't know how to convert them to MOV, i know there's an option in Snes9x that allows me to do that, but everytime i try to convert it, it only converts 1 second of the video (after i click the screen), so:
Can anyone tell me how to convert them?

Thanks!
kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by kolechovski »

I believe what you want is AVI recording. Start playing back the SMV movie file, and as soon as you do, open the file menu and select the record AVI option. In the box that pops up, that format you request should be one of the recordable formats available (unless you need to first install a proper codec). From there, sit back and relax, and when it's finished, stop the AVI, and you should have your Youtubable movie. I do not know what frame rate to rely on though (if you care to modify it). I should ask the guys at Youtube about that...

BTW, got some links to your vids? They sound interesting.
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.