Good Bahamut Lagoon Rom/Translation

Need a hint? Got a code or strategy? Share it all here!
sneshelp111
Snes9x White Belt

Good Bahamut Lagoon Rom/Translation

Post by sneshelp111 »

Hey, I have a Bahamut Lagoon rom and the translation from DeJap, but constantly, names of characters and items are blurred out or are wrong (Items have the wrong name, etc.) Basically, I was wondering what the best translator is for the game, and where to find it.
Last edited by sneshelp111 on Mon May 11, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

You need to acquire the copier version of the translation, not the emulator version.
Continuing FF4 Research...
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

it's against the rules to ask for ROMs. Just FYI.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
sneshelp111
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sneshelp111 »

OK, so forget about the rom. What do you mean by the copier version and not the emulator version?
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

Bahamut Lagoon had two different patch releases of their translations. I'm not talking about the revisions or fixes to their translation (there were a number of those), but rather there were two different releases for each version of the game. One was for the copiers, and the other was for the emulators.

Back then, the emulator version was "ideal" because it was faster, but unfortunately with the information/emulation back then, it relied on incorrect behavior, that was inconsistant with the real game or games that were run on a copier.

Since emulation has gotten better, the emulator version of the translation is causing the issues you are seeing now. If you had bothered to goto Dejap's website and looked at the download links, the copier version would have worked properly as I said before.
sneshelp111
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sneshelp111 »

I got the copier version, but the same thing is still happening.
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

The only thing off the top of my head is that it's either a header issue (use NSRT for that) or you have a bad Bahamut Lagoon ROM (which you can use NSRT to find that out too).

Additionally, you haven't mentioned what Snes9x version you are using, which doesn't help things. I'm pretty sure Snes9x 1.51 works fine with the copier version.

Edit: It does work, in addition to 1.43.

I would also suggest you post the unpatched Bahamut Lagoon ROM info that Snes9x provides and make sure you have the latest version of the translation (which is 1.3).

Additionally, you need to tell me how you're testing the translation. You DO NOT want to load from freeze state.. you MUST load from in-game saving.
sneshelp111
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sneshelp111 »

I'm really sorry for all of these questions, but I just don't know what NSRT is (I looked it up and can't find it). I have the latest translation, and I'm using the latest version of Snes9x.
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

You can acquire NSRT here - http://snesemu.black-ship.net/index.php?page=tools

In any case, you did not post the info that is provided to you by Snes9x (File->Rom Info) when the translation is NOT applied. This info is VERY important to be sure that you are working with a good ROM.
Guillo
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Guillo »

Hi guys! I am looking for a Spanish version of Bahamut Lagoon. Could you point me in the right direction? I know there have been millions of translation projects for these games in many languages, but I can't find this one in spanish. Or the Snes9x, for that matter...
Thank you!
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

Sorry, none exists at the moment.