SRM Help with Snes9x v4

Need a hint? Got a code or strategy? Share it all here!

Is Super Mario RPG is the best game in the world?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:08 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

lacrosselvr
Snes9x White Belt

SRM Help with Snes9x v4

Post by lacrosselvr »

Hi everyone i just downloaded the latest version of the emulator and some reason i cand get the old srm to load. I have renamed them just like the tutorial said but whenever i try and load it a message says it cant load. If anyone has a suggestion or a solution plz reply
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

1) since when is there a Snes9X v4.0?

2) why did you put that poll up, when it is irrelevant to your question?

3) did you put them in your pre-defined saves folder, or in your ROMs directory?

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
lacrosselvr
Snes9x White Belt

Poll was for no reason

Post by lacrosselvr »

I was boared first of all about the poll and i did put the srms in a designated folder on the memory card.
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

1) What tutorial are we talking about here?

2) SRMs are loaded by loading the game. They are automatically loaded (they are not loaded directly).

3) Make sure to set up the save directory so that Snes9x uses the saves from wherever they stored in, whether it is on your hard drive or your memory card.
lacrosselvr
Snes9x White Belt

Post by lacrosselvr »

The tutorial was in the readme attached to the emulator rar and you do have to load the srm in order to load a game from the other versions of snes.
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

lacrosselvr wrote:The tutorial was in the readme attached to the emulator rar and you do have to load the srm in order to load a game from the other versions of snes.
1) This emu isn't distributed in a RAR file. If you got it in an emu+ROMs file, that's a different matter altogether.

2) All SNES emus (and other non-SNES emus) that I'm aware of design the save loading mechanism as the way I've previously described (loading the game normally also automatically loads the SRM file). I'm not sure what emu you're talking about, but it's not Snes9x (from all the official ports that exist here) from your descriptions.
lacrosselvr
Snes9x White Belt

Post by lacrosselvr »

You guys are all dumb, next time google the emulator before asking dumb questions. Oh and I got the the save to work, just name the save by the rom file.

Ex:
Super Mario.zip
Super Mario.srm
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'm sure we're all dumb when your original post made no sense.
I have renamed them just like the tutorial said but whenever i try and load it a message says it cant load.
You never mentioned what tutorial, so what's the point?

It's hard to help when you don't give enough information in the first place. I've mentioned what to do in this issue many times before but it doesn't help if I can't quite make out what you are saying.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

lacrosselvr wrote:You guys are all dumb, next time google the emulator before asking dumb questions. Oh and I got the the save to work, just name the save by the rom file.
Gee maybe next time you should've read the damn FAQs and/or the readme :roll:

searching the forums would help too.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley