Anyone here have a GameCube?

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.

Do you have a GameCube?

Yes, and it's awesome!
57%
Yes, but I've gotten bored of it.
30%
No, I sold it.
No votes
NO, I've always hated the GC!
13%

Total votes: 23

Mega Man 5
Snes9x White Belt

Anyone here have a GameCube?

Post by Mega Man 5 »

Yeah, I have one and it's still used every day. Some of my favorite GC games are Super Smash Bros. Melee, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (I find the latter to be very underrated).

Anyone else here have a GC? And what are some of your favorite games for the system?
franpa
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by franpa »

games are too dear except for old ones that are like 10$ AUD.
Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 3700X, ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi Motherboard, 16GB 3600MHz RAM, MSI Gamer 1070Ti, Integrated Audio, Corsair AX760 power supply.
Mega Man 5
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Mega Man 5 »

Games are too dear? Okay. That made no sense.
franpa
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by franpa »

ok, decent games are dear, there are of course cheap 10$ games like SSBM, Super mario Sunshine, Zelda Wind Waker, stars wars rogue squadron 2 and others and there ok, but they just seem lame >.< compared to anything i've played on previous generation Nintendo consoles
Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 3700X, ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi Motherboard, 16GB 3600MHz RAM, MSI Gamer 1070Ti, Integrated Audio, Corsair AX760 power supply.
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

I think the Gamecube had some of the most under-rated games of any console, ever. There were so many good games for it, but no one's ever heard of them.
squall_leonhart69r

Post by squall_leonhart69r »

Mega Man 5 wrote:Games are too dear? Okay. That made no sense.
he means too expensive, and hes right.

metroid prime: echos still costs over $AU70
franpa
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by franpa »

twilight princess is still 100$ and now hard to find in stores.
Mega Man 5
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Mega Man 5 »

Not worldwide it isn't. I can find the GC version of Twilight Princess at virtually every retailer, including Wal-Mart and Toys R Us.
Mega Man 5
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Mega Man 5 »

he means too expensive, and hes right.

He maybe right about the cost where he lives, but definitely not everywhere. I've seen Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario, Star Fox: Assault, etc. for $30, which isn't very expensive and they're worth every penny.
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

Where do you guys buy your games? Over here in the U.S. all those games mentioned are $20. Except Zelda, of course, which is still $50.
Mega Man 5
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Mega Man 5 »

Where do you guys buy your games? Over here in the U.S. all those games mentioned are $20.

Canada. Those games are (except, of course, Zelda) $30 here, which is pretty much the same as $20 U.S.
franpa
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by franpa »

Mega Man 5 wrote:he means too expensive, and hes right.

He maybe right about the cost where he lives, but definitely not everywhere. I've seen Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario, Star Fox: Assault, etc. for $30, which isn't very expensive and they're worth every penny.
except for mario sunshine (which is 10$ 2nd hand), the rest are indeed 30$ or more new... i listed some games before and each was about 10$ 2nd hand and they all work great ttbomk.

but games like "thousand year door" and others are 70$ or more new... most of the "good" games are dear as poison.

btw, i added location to my profile.
Mega Man 5
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Mega Man 5 »

except for mario sunshine (which is 10$ 2nd hand), the rest are indeed 30$ or more new... i listed some games before and each was about 10$ 2nd hand and they all work great ttbomk.

but games like "thousand year door" and others are 70$ or more new... most of the "good" games are dear as poison.

In Austrailia maybe, but Mario Sunshine is $20 new in the U.S. and $30 new in Canada. The same goes for the other games I listed (except Twilight Princess, since it's not even a year old yet).

Anyway, can we PLEASE get back on-topic? Does anyone here have a GameCube, and what are some of your favorite GC games?
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

You got it. Favorite games are the Metroid Prime series, the Timesplitters series, and Star Fox Assault. I also thought the Star Fox Adventures game had great graphics and sound, and I don't really understand why no one liked it.

Oh, and to those people that actually voted that they hate the Gamecube: What's wrong with it?
Derwin
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by Derwin »

I bought one for metroid prime, and I dont find the time to play on it.

I wouldnt mind playing the 2nd metroid game and the Zelda one at some point though :)
kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by kolechovski »

I didn't mean to say I hated it, but I don't have one, and never have, so I couldn't have sold it. There just wasn't any better option. I lack one, but wouldn't mind trying it out.
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

Sorry to bump a week-old thread, but if you don't mind trying one out, why don't you? I mean, the Wii will play all of the Gamecube games, so there's no reason not to give some of them a try while we wait for Mario Kart and Smash Bros. to come out.
kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by kolechovski »

I don't have a Gamecube or Wii. No, I can't go out and buy them either.
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.
op89x
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by op89x »

Where do you live?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

No, I don't, but I like them. They're cool. But I'm getting a Wii soon.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!