Favourite FF

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.

Favourite Final Fantasy?

I
No votes
II
No votes
III & VI
44%
IV
17%
V
6%
VII
11%
VIII
11%
IX (I don't even know why I should put this up)
6%
X
6%
X-2
No votes
XI
No votes

Total votes: 18

claytonio
Snes9x White Belt

Favourite FF

Post by claytonio »

I honestly prefer 8.
I really liked the set up on it, and how the GF's gained compatibility with certain characters.

I feel left out though because I never actually played 7.
The time it came out, my brother played it to death,
Then I got 8 and did the same.

So what's the score?

(I'm not too sure if I'm numbering these right, b/c some are the same game, sorry.)
Gogo
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Gogo »

yeah, iii/vi is a mistake, as they are two separate games.

Also forgot ff12

And insulted ff9, which is significantly better than ff8 :P ...apart from the loading times. And Kuja being... y know... possibly THE most homoerotic villain of all time. *shudder* Though Seymour was close.
Last edited by Gogo on Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go here: http://sgibbons.deviantart.com/
It has shiny shines! ~ UPDATED 01/23/2006
squall_leonhart69r

Post by squall_leonhart69r »

depending on the console, 1 and 2 isn't though :P
Gogo
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Gogo »

sure it is... Don't forget, they were separate games LONG before the PS remix was around
Go here: http://sgibbons.deviantart.com/
It has shiny shines! ~ UPDATED 01/23/2006
squall_leonhart69r

Gogo wrote:sure it is... Don't forget, they were separate games LONG before the PS remix was around
i did say depending on the console :P
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

The problem with this poll is that the game listings are simply wrong.

There is a FF2 NES version (a Japanese only release), which was rereleased multiple times (it was released in an FF1+FF2 NES game released in Japan as well), which includes a GBA version that also includes the original FF1 game (titled Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls).

There was also FF2 (US release) SNES version aka FF4 SFC version (Japan only release), which also got multiple releases and variations, which include FF4A (GBA version). This is simply NOT the same as the NES version that was released.

There is a FF3 NES version (a Japanese only release), which was rereleased in a DS version of the game.

Then there's also FF3 SNES version (US release) aka FF6 SFC version (Japanese only release), which has multiple releases and variations, which include FF6A (GBA version). This is simply NOT the same as the NES version that was released.

In sum, the poll needs to be fixed. Even Wikipedia should have this entry pretty much summed up more properly than this poll.

Part of this poll needs to be specific (it must mention a number of the ports for the game to reduce confusion).
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

nine looked like it copied off of dragonball Z somewhat (yes the hero has to fight his own brother and didn't even know it was till sometime later, also the trance system.)

ten and twelve, eh. they rock, but I just don't have the time to pick them up again. :
seven and eight were alright

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
claytonio
Snes9x White Belt

Post by claytonio »

sorry.
:(
squall_leonhart69r

adventure_of_link wrote:nine looked like it copied off of dragonball Z somewhat (yes the hero has to fight his own brother and didn't even know it was till sometime later, also the trance system.)

ten and twelve, eh. they rock, but I just don't have the time to pick them up again. :
seven and eight were alright
Squenix has at times worked with the artist behind DBZ (Chrono Cross for example)
SqEn206
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by SqEn206 »

I thought Akira Toriyama only worked on Chrono Trigger. I don't know, I guess he could have worked on Cross too but the characters don't really look like his typical designs.

Anyway Final Fantasy X is my favorite...even despite experiencing most FF games at the time of their releases starting from the very first. Also as far as the poll goes it probably would have just been easier to list I-XII and tell the person to specify if they favor a particular port/remake of their favorite one. Ofcourse that still leaves the spin-offs but yeah. Anyway yes their used to be some confusion between II, III, IV, and VI (I say this because you mentioned III & VI together) but ever since the Playstation releases of Anthology, Chronicles and Origins (along with the WonderSwan, and GBA...and now PSP ports) most should have acknowledged the correct names by now.
squall_leonhart69r

Video games (character design)

* Dragon Quest series: Role-Playing Game (RPG) series published by Enix (now Square Enix). Appeared on Nintendo's Famicom/NES, Super Famicom/Super NES, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Sony's PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and soon Nintendo's Wii.
* Dragon Quest Monsters series: Role-Playing Game (RPG) series published by Enix (now Square Enix). Appeared on Nintendo's Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and Sony's PlayStation.
* Chrono Trigger: Role-Playing Game (RPG) developed by SquareSoft (now Square Enix) for Nintendo's Super NES. It was relaunched with a few additions for Sony's PlayStation.
* Tobal: Two fighting games for Sony's PlayStation developed by SquareSoft.
* Blue Dragon: Role Playing Game (RPG) for Microsoft's Xbox 360 developed by Mistwalker studio for Artoon based on a design by Final Fantasy originator Hironobu Sakaguchi.
i mixed up Trigger with Cross :P, but yeah he has worked on a few other things
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

To be honest here, I never really got into Final Fantasy... Closest I got was Super Mario RPG. *backs out of thread slowly*
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by kolechovski »

I never played a single FF game, either. I know of the series, but I never had the time, and, far worse, the crap that was mentioned here. I don't want to play a few random versions out of a series. I want to play the whole series. The crap Nintendo did to the US population is unacceptible and a major reason I never would get involved with this series (and I ain't gonna learn Japanese, either).
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.